• LIght and Washfastness of Green Label Dye

Hi everyone, I have been using ProChem's Liquid Reactive dyes for quite a few years, but recently started using the Jacquard Green Label dyes. I...

2 0

Started by CoffeeCupPress

• Black gets feathery edges during steam...why?

I use Jaquard Red Label dyes with No-Flo mixed in to thicken dye like syrup. I paint a ground first and let it dry and then paint with a sumi brush...

2 0

Started by Stonewellstudio

• Microwaving Green Label & Red Label dyes?

I'd like to try microwaving the Green Label Dyes and/or the Red Label for some tie dye/scrunch techniques I am doing. They stay quite wet after...

5 0

Started by Imzadi

• salt

Hi All.... I am wondering why I get really dramatic results from salt using veridian green Red Label on silk, but can't seem yo get the same...

4 0

Started by twiga

• Nano Felting

Hello Im new here. I am using Jacquard green label dye on silk gauze material, (making a nano silk scarf) I will be using the chemical set...

3 0

Started by slrruss

• Shelf life of Red Label dyes?

I found an old box of opened Red label dyes. The colors still seem to be true value. What is the shelf life of the Red Label dyes? I don't want to...

1 0

Started by Imzadi

• How to Mix Green Label acid dyes with alcohol and water

I am new to Jaquard Acid dyes and am not sure of how to mix up the colours from the powdered form can someone give me the quantity or ratio of...

1 0

Started by shepaints

• Green Label Silk Colour dyes

Hi! I'm new here, and I'm looking for some help to this problem: Which method for setting/fixing the paint (green label silk color dye) should I...

4 0

Started by Besyli

• Jacquard green label dye properties

What is meant by the dischargeability of a dye?

2 0

Started by siriwars

• metallic sheen with Jacquard green dyes

metallic sheen.......I use the green label Jacquard dyes to hand paint and the dyeset to fix. what product can I use to add a metallic sheen to my...

1 0

Started by shefay

• Shibori pleat setting on Pole

I'm using the green label and over dying a Shibori piece that is on a pole. I beleive to set the pleats I need to put the piece wet into a vinegar...

3 0

Started by DTS

• Shibori pleat setting on Pole

I'm using the green label and over dying a Shibori piece that is on a pole. I beleive to set the pleats I need to put the piece wet into a vinegar...

1 0

Started by DTS

• Painting Permanent Dyeset solution on?

Hi, Newbie here. Steam setting Green Label silk dyes is impossible for me given my physical disabilities. I tried some setting by immersion in...

4 0

Started by Outlaw Bunny

• question about green labled dyes

I am new at this so please bear with me. I have tried using green labled jacquard dyes (pink, yellow, orange) to get patches that blend into each...

4 0

Started by easumme2

• Color Mixing Green Label

Hello! :D I am using the green label dyes (and love them!) and I need suggestions for mixing a very light skin tone color. I am putting a woman's...

5 0

Started by kellbwm

• Cleaning Sumi Brushes

I use the green label dyes and have been unable to get the black dye out of one of my sumi brushes. I have rinsed quite a bit and actually soaked...

3 0

Started by kellbwm

• Airbrushing onto Silk

Could someone give me advice on using Silk Textile colors with an airbrush ?. Would Jaquard products be useable with an airbrush ?, and would the...

1 0

Started by Dillon5000

• A problem with black Red label dye

After I steam set it it looks very nice, but when I wash it afterwards (with synthrapol) grey parts become orangy or jellowish on some edges. I just...

2 0

Started by Innocent

• Steaming

Hi every one. I am new to dyeing. I dyed a silk dress in a rust color. The color came just the way I wanted them. But when I steamed the dress, the...

6 0

Started by redchilly

• Water Based Resist Gold & Black

I'm just starting out and I'm a little confused about how to use and set this resist. I got the green label silk dyes and intend to set with dye set...

1 0

Started by Debra

• best method for fixing Silk with Silk Soy Milk sizing

Hi, I have been experimenting with Soy Milk as a presizing for silk painting. I have used Silk Color Green. Can I use Permanent Dyeset Consentrate? I...

1 0

Started by rainbowstar

• Thickening Green Label

I would like to silk screen with the Jacquard Green Label-pulling or destructed screen. What can I use to thicken the dyes? Thanks

2 0

Started by KathyIF

• mordant for red and green label dyes

Can anyone recommend a mordant to use with the red and green label dyes? I would like to try marbling on silk and will need to use a mordant since...

3 0

Started by ccknowlson

• Steam setting

I am going to begin to steam set my silk Jacquard Green Label silk paintings and silk ribbon. Is there a formula to calculate the amount of fabric...

2 0

Started by KathyIF

• A Beginner Again

Hi! I used to tie-dye back in my hippie days and have seen some beautiful creations that has developed over the years. So I thought I would try it...

2 0

Started by Cricket63