• water based resists

Our art department has just got lots of Jacquard clear waterbased resist. Some students want to have silver or black lines instead of the clear. We...

2 0

Started by Sandie Spink

• screen printing on silk

Can I silk screen the metallic water-based resist on silk? If so, how do I keep the resist from drying on the screen and destroying it? Also, what...

3 0

Started by tamlinsky

• removing water-based resist

Since the Jacquard water-based resist was reformulated, I cannot remove it from steamed silk pieces. I am using Jacquard Red Label Dyes on chiffon...

5 0

Started by silksiren

• Adding "dots" to a piece without using a stamp

I'm doing a series of letters using Jacquard water-based resist to outline the letters and then Dyna Flow as the paint. I want to decorate the...

2 0

Started by bernhard

• metallic resists

I just bought Jacquard's metallic resists as I want the color to stay on my designs. I'm using 8mm Habatai and 12mm Crepe de Chine with both Jacquard...

2 0

Started by pcgoul

• Another question... Resist

Hi again, This forum is so helpful! Thanks so much for your timely responses. Anyway, I have a question about water-based resist. I read that I...

2 0

Started by ellie52

• Would water-based resists work on rayon?

It appears from my previous question that T-shirt fabric is just too open-weave to hold the Dye Na Flow back after applying resist. That makes sense...

3 0

Started by bernhard

• Having trouble using water-based resists on cotton

I'm trying to do some drawings on cotton T-shirts, using resists and Dye-Na-Flow. I've tried your Permanent Metallic Resist and your clear...

4 0

Started by bernhard

• Removing Gutta

We are new to silk dying. Our practice efforts had us removing the gutta with mineral spirits. This did a poor job. We just finished a bigger project...

2 0

Started by steve78412

• gutta vs wax type resists

I dye nylon with acid dyes, and them steam, and wash with synthropol I am looking for a resist that can be applied with a brush, steamed, and would...

1 0

Started by kiter

• Metallic Resists - how stiff? and Pearlex question

Hi - I'm in pursuit of shiny, but being really picky about it. I'd like to try the Jacquard metallic resists, but am afraid they'd be too stiff on...

6 0

Started by Lunargent

• Water Based "resist" doesn't - resist, that is

Hi - I have the Jacquard silk painting kit, and was playing around with the water-based resist and the gutta, which I also ordered. It wasn't on...

2 0

Started by Lunargent

• Jacquard Chemical Resist

I am not able to find any information or instructions on Jacquard web site regarding the use of Chemical Resist, but have found a couple of links...

14 0

Started by Puffin

• Water Based Resist seems runny

I just purchased the Jacquard Water Based Resist and I'm using it on 16 mm silk crepe de chine and it seems very runny to me. I shook the resist and...

4 0

Started by Cat

• Using solvent based gutta like wax

Hi, Can solvent based gutta be used for tub dyeing ? I want to draw the design using a solvent based gutta and then immerse the fabric in a black...

1 0

Started by chandranic

• Please Review Resists

I'd like more information about resists in silk painting with dyes vs. fabric paints. 1. Which types of resists retain their color after washing...

2 0

Started by christie60

• resist die

Can you diebath a polysilk with permanent resist water-based die? If yes, how do you do it....... I tryed and the die rosed to the top of the...

2 0

Started by chels2526