• Discharging Cashmere

Hi All, I have a black cashmere coat that I never wear anymore. I'd like to discharge a little of the colour, just enough to re-dye it a dark...

5 0

Started by AlexB

• Alum

Can anyone tell me if an alum solution will keep for future use? Or do I need to mix it up new each time? I'm new to marbling on silk and am still...

8 0

Started by lauren

• Overdyed cashmere and need to lighten - will color remover work?

Hello I have over-dyed a light green cashmere sweater to near black using the spruce acid dye. Guess my surprise. I wonder if I am able to...

4 0

Started by Jburd

• Decolourant discharge paste not working on silk?

I painted your Decolourant on a test piece of silk habotai hoping to get noticeably lighter shades where the discharge paste was applied. I let it...

7 0

Started by silveroats

• Color magnet is hard to wash off stencils, any tips?

I've used both the pen and paste and find it hard to get off my stencils. Even if I soak the stencils before the CM has dried on them, in warm water...

2 0

Started by tiara

• Conflict concerning amount of dyeset to use

I am trying to figure the amount of permanent dyeset needed for a 14" X 72" scarf. The instructions on the bottle say to mix 1 oz per 3...

2 0

Started by cindyweaver51

• Using Thickener

I'm doing a combination of screen printing and hand painting on 100% cotton. I have procion MX dye powder, soda ash, urea, and sodium alginate, but...

13 0

Started by haleigh

• Using color magnet with ice dyeing

Can you stencil a fabric with the color magnet, dry thoroughly and then ice dye? Can you use more than one dye doing this? Afterwards can you use the...

6 0

Started by Joie

• viscosity sodium alginate thickener

What is the proper sodium alginate viscosity to print fabric lightweight wool 110g 1m2 , by Manual silk screen print

4 0

Started by maxman2020

• Tool for creating negatives

Instructor Annette told us there was an easy to use tool for creating negatives on their website. I cannot find it

2 0

Started by Jlpirozzi

• steaming no flow

I am a beginner here. I would like to try no flow. The instructions say it is hard to get out after steaming. Yet the colours must me steamed to fix....

4 0

Started by Rebekahqc

• NoFlow removal from silk

I primed my silk habotai with Jacquard NoFlow and then painted on thickened fiber-reactive dye. Great color and the NoFlow slowed/stopped the dye...

6 0

Started by SuzanneTX

• How to soften the shade of color

Hello, I have a garment sewn of stretchy fabric I assume is cotton with lycra/spandex in various 1-5cm brown and white color stripes. I am looking...

4 0

Started by anamijana

• Airfix and Dy-na-flo

So it seems if I want to avoid spending tons of time carefully ironing my silks to set the paint I should be using Airfix. Can I add it directly to...

4 0

Started by qirfa

• Horizontal textiles Steamer

Does anyone know where to get a wide stovetop or electric horizontal steamer in the uk or europe? Im using a fish kettle but it is a bit to small....

2 0

Started by Alangus

• Do I need Permanent Dyeset Solution?

Hello, I am hand painting onto PFD Cupro which is a cellulose fiber fabric. I am using Jacquard Textile Colors. On my first test I heat set the...

2 0

Started by PGF

• Wet Color Magnet and dry dye

You have a video showing a technique of sprinkling dry Procion dye powder onto a wet color magnet design that was applied to a shirt with the color...

4 0

Started by trailgirl444

• Color Magnet and silk scarves?

I just discovered the Color Magnet product, and would like to get a kit to play with. I see that the instructions say to put the dye in the washing...

5 0

Started by TSmith

• AirFix substitute?

I recently ordered Jacquard AirFix from a supplier. I received a bottle of Jacquard Synthrapol. The directions indicate it can be use to fix color...

2 0

Started by CatLady

• Discharge printing towels

I am discharging towels for the first time. Blue towels, white ink. Is there a secret to the mix? My prints almost look slightly yellow. Any help...

2 0

Started by agandsco

• Using Jacquard Versatex Fixer on 2 layers of ink

I'm trying to print red on 100% cotton black T-shirts with a white under-base beneath. My questions are: 1) Will the fixer work on the red since...

2 0

Started by HL0000

• Castaway Stamp Pad

I purchased this Stamp Pad Dec 2012 and have been trying to find successful ways of using this ink. The only success I had was on recycled...

2 0

Started by Shirley

• How long does Airfix take to dry?

How long do you have to wait before wearing a garment when mixing Airfix with the paint?

2 0

Started by bc1004

• Too much airfix...

What happens if you add too much airfix? I'm using Dye-Na-Flow, but I have to eyeball the ratio as I'm using no where near a quart of it. What...

2 0

Started by bc1004

• best way to get blue jeans white

I am not sure i should use bleach as i have had denim fall apart after getting them white. Is there another way that wont break down fibers as much?...

3 0

Started by mlgoodwin86