melw
Alcohol ink newbie here! Help needed please....I got myself the Pinata Exciter Pack new 2 weeks ago. The white ink (Blanco 030) refuses to cooperate! It goes on yupo almost like white out, doesn't mix or spread with alcohol (I'm using isopropyl alcohol 100%) it just separates into specks. When it dries it goes chalky and flakes off. Am I doing something wrong or did I just get a dud bottle? I purchased it new only 2 weeks ago.
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
It isn't a dud.  This is a known issue, and because our white is the only one that sinks properly in resin, no way are we changing the formula!  

The issue is really with the isopropyl alcohol.  Our inks and resins are usually fine with isopropyl, but are actually ethanol based inks.  That is why they are more intense than the Ranger inks, which use isopropyl.  The dyes are more soluble and so is the binder(glue that holds the ink on).  So, what is going on is that when you add that isopropyl, the binder in the white is basically instantaneously drying.  

There is an easy fix.  Use our clean up solution with just the white, or go get ethy rubbing alcohol at its highest percentage you can find instead of isopropyl rubbing alcohol.  I have pretty thoroughly tested this, and the ethyl alcohol works better on ever one of our inks because it really makes them wetter easier and faster, and it works better with Ranger inks too.  If you try to completely clean something with the isopropyl it is almost impossible.  With ethyl alcohol, it comes right off.  
Quote 0 0
melw
Ok great, thanks for explaining!
Quote 0 0