whazoo
I recently bought a polyester/spandex jacket that looked olive green online, but wound up being more on the brown side (close to the color depicted here): https://www.colorhexa.com/555942

I was thinking of dyeing the jacket, but it seems that's not an option, due to heat requirements of dyes and the spandex.

I've read DyeNaFlow is a good fabric paint that doesn't leave a hand, but is transparent. If I use something of a Bright Green, would the color mix with the existing fabric color to potentially achieve a more olive green color?

Or should I simply use more opaque paints (like Airbrush Color) and mix my desired color up front? Will these paints change the texture of the fabric?

Also would wetting/diluting the paint (although improving the spreading the paint across large areas) cause the intensity of any of these paints to lessen/fade? Would that also cause the color become less uniform?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
wetting it down is more likely to cause streaks.  You could use bright green the way you are describing, but I would paint while it was dry.  It will give you more even color.  

The other thing to do is buy 8oz or a quart from Dharma.  Then add airfix before you paint.  That will mean you won't have to iron to heat set it.  Use 1 oz or half the bottle of airfix per quart.  If you get the 8 oz, that is 1/4 that amount which is a half a tablespoon of airfix.  

https://www.jacquardproducts.com/airfix

dharmatrading.com is the best place to get bulk sizes like this.  
Quote 0 0
whazoo
Wound up being forest green, but I can totally work with this.  😌

Used about 12oz of paint (plus some rubbing alcohol and an extra 4oz due to some screw ups I did), so about 16oz total.

Also used a foam brush to apply the paint. Took me about 3 hours to finish painting.

I still need to wash this once this dries. Hopefully there won't be too much dye loss, provided the Airfix does its job. If so, then I suppose I need to repaint again. 😔 (Glad I bought the quart size just in case.)

Let's see what happens at the end of the week...
IMG_20191006_212222584.jpg
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Wow it looks great, but I am so surprised that it is so green.  I thought the brown would have come through more.  
Quote 0 0