Lilit

Hi! I’m looking to mix colors for tie dye. I am looking at the mixing chart and it seems that these are the quantities for a large yield. I’m looking to make bubble gum pink color from fuscia for 1 cup for water. Any suggestions on how much fuscia to use? 

thank you!

Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Fuchsia is actually pretty strong.  I would use very little dye.  I am thinking 2-4% of what you would usually use.  That seems like nothing, and it is going to be hard to measure.  You'd be surprised how light a color bubble gum is.  

I'd usually use a tablespoon for a dark color, and a teaspoon for a lighter color.  So 2% of tablespoon is ~1/3 of a gram.  I just weighed this on a scale and it is just a pinch.  I know it seems almost like nothing but remember how a red shirt can dye a whole load pink with about this much dye or even less.  

fuchsia.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Lilit

Thank you! I will give this a try. 

Quote 0 0
Derek
Does this rule apply to all the formulas in the Procion MX Mixing Chart?

Can I use 4% of the recipes for 8 oz of water?

I am in the same boat as the OP, using 8 oz squeeze bottles and want to mix colors such as Mauve, Khaki, New Aqua, Charcoal and Dark Grey

Thanks
Fuchsia is actually pretty strong.  I would use very little dye.  I am thinking 2-4% of what you would usually use.  That seems like nothing, and it is going to be hard to measure.  You'd be surprised how light a color bubble gum is.  

I'd usually use a tablespoon for a dark color, and a teaspoon for a lighter color.  So 2% of tablespoon is ~1/3 of a gram.  I just weighed this on a scale and it is just a pinch.  I know it seems almost like nothing but remember how a red shirt can dye a whole load pink with about this much dye or even less.  

fuchsia.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
It's basically 2 teaspoons for 8oz.  I use 3 for black.  

4% is a good base for darkest shades.  1/2% is good for pastel shade ~ 1/4 teaspooon.  Some stronger colors like fuchsia you ought to go even lower.  
Quote 0 0