jbrookechao
I am working on creating my costume to be Rachael from Blade Runner and found an inexpensive used black tweed skirt suit.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to give it a slight sheen - like coated tweed, but I'm afraid wax would be a disaster. I saw someone mention using screen printing inks.  Do you think either the clear extender or black screen printing ink might give me that effect?

This is the effect I'm going for:  blade-runner-rachael-01.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Let me do a test quickly.  I think either the extender from Neopaque or the Airbrush varnish is the way to go.  I will post back with some pictures in a few hours.  I bet either works, but I want to see which feels nicer/looks better
Quote 0 0
jbrookechao
Thanks for the reply! Did you figure out which would work best?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Darn!  I meant to post it last night before I left.  The varnish works better.  It is obviously shiny.  The neopaque added a bit of shine, but not like in the photo.  I definitely suggest the airbrush varnish.  It gives you the best value.  I think a 4 oz bottle will probably do it, but might be a good idea to get the 8oz version.  If you need help finding a place that has it, I can suggest one over a private message.  
Quote 0 0