lasfibers lasfibers
I am new at using the decolourant but it seems to be thin.  I thought it would be a thicker paste and when I am using it with stencils it is spreading.  I used a stencil adhesive and know how to stencil but the paste keeps seeping and spreading so the stencil is not crisp but like a blob.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
That's not good.  It can be tough to formulate a gel that is perfect on a all fabrics.  Are you using a very thin material?  

Make sure when stenciling you are coming straight down with the brush or sponge.  Rubbing side to side is more likely to bleed.  

The other thing you could do if you want it thicker, is your could add methyl cellulose.  It's a good thickener, that will wash away completely.  We sell it, but you could also use that cheap elmer's paste stuff.  
Quote 0 0
lasfibers lasfibers
I was using it on denim, think fabric.  I tried it again on cotton and did not have the same problem.  Maybe I will try thickening it for the denim.  Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Yes, it is really difficult to formulate for all fabrics.  They all bleed at different rates.  It can be frustrating.  Glad you are having success now.  
Quote 0 0