Sweetenough
Hello,

I bought 4 light grey/blue bridesmaids dresses and wanted to dye them dark green. They are 100% polyester social bought 4 packets of the green idye poly. On the first attempt at dyeing I used a pot that I now realise was far too small and I've ended up with 2 issues;
1. There are quite blotches of colour on one of the dresses - if there anything I can do to remove these? I tried dyeing a second time but it didn't really help
2. The dresses came out more of a pea green than dark green. I've tried a second dye on the blotchy dress in a much bigger pot and hotter heat but it has only darkened slightly.

I was going to try a third dye but wanted to check if there is any other colour dye I could mix with the green to get a darker green? Also any tips to fade the darker blotches would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Emma
Quote 0 0
detobias detobias
You used idye poly?
think you need bigger pot and more dye
suggest add slight ant black dye to get darker. 
I have gotten a deep rich dark green that way. 
Good luck. 
Quote 0 0
Sweetenough
Thank you for your help. I will try adding some black. I have a much bigger pot now and a face mask as the smell is very strong!
Quote 0 0
detobias detobias
Let me know how you do. 
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
A little black makes sense to get a darker color . You can also add red to make it deeper if you want to dull down the vibrancy.  That starts at 5% so that means dissolving the red packet and adding 1/20 of the dye in the container to knock down that green.  

For the blotches you can remove polyester color, but it can be dangerous.  The safe way to do it is to take it down a shade with soda ash and our color remover.  You want equal parts and you boil it just like dyeing it.  1 cup of each. You only get one shade lighter with this method, but it can even out the color a bit.  

To actually get the color , yoall outu have to use caustic soda which is Lye, which can burn your skin.  I have never done this, you should call tech support and talk to me if you attempt it.  
Quote 0 0