Vic2020

Hi
i have a Fluor pink gym top which is made of 85% nylon/ 15% elastane in Fluor pink and want to dye to scarlet red...will these dyes work?

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated
Cheers
Vicky

Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
These fibers are able to be dyed with acid dyes.  It will protect the stretch better if you use acid dyes because they work at 160F instead of 212F like the poly dyes.  iDye poly will work, but it is more likely to deform it.  

I would use Sun yellow acid dye to make the scarlet.  It will still be very bright, but should work great.  Hard to say how much you should use.  Pink is pretty strong, but it will make a beautiful red.  I think 2 teaspoons of Sun yellow should do it, but if you want to do it incrementally so you don't overshoot it it would be a good idea.  

Instructions

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ac4eb022971149bb6d709d3/t/5b3e482570a6ad4a13aa69c8/1530808358592/Acid+Dye+Instructions.pdf
Quote 1 0
Vic2020

Hi
Thank you you for the advice, definitely sounds like the dye I need for the result I am looking for but don’t quite understand why you would recommend the sun yellow dye (601) to make the garment a fire red colour? Is it because the garment is a Fluoro pink to begin with?? Just thought I would double check before purchasing. If this was a typo could you kindly advise the colour and number of colour so that I may achieve the desired fiery red result?
PS.  Thanks for the instruction brochure 
Look forward to your further advice, most appreciated
Cheers
Vicky :-)

Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
The Fluoro pink on your elastane is the same dye as our hot fuchsia.  It is actually the best magenta in the acid dye range.  Magenta + yellow = Red.  I know that that hot fuchsia 1 part and sun yellow 2 parts will give you the a beautiful bright red.  

You could also use the cherry red to dye your suit.  I would not use fire red, it doesn't work as well on Nylon.  
Quote 0 0
Vic2020
Hi
Thank you kindly for responding, hence you recommend I simply need the sun yellow acid dye. I have a x3 fluro gym tops I have also looked back at the brochure you provided but not so good with oz and pound conversions. So in a big 11 litre pot if I am to add 5 litres of water ( which I am guessing should comfortably cover the gym gear) and gym tops weigh I’m guessing about 500 grams, how much vinegar? and how many tablespoons of dye would you recommend?
My daughter whom I share the gym gear, really wants an army green colour- what colour dye would you recommend if we were to dye one or all three of these fluro pink pieces in army green?
I appreciate your patience and time in advance
Regards
Vicky
Quote 0 0
Vic2020
Hi
Thank you kindly for responding, hence you recommend I simply need the sun yellow acid dye. I have a x3 fluro gym tops I have also looked back at the brochure you provided but not so good with oz and pound conversions. So in a big 11 litre pot if I am to add 5 litres of water ( which I am guessing should comfortably cover the gym gear) and gym tops weigh I’m guessing about 500 grams, how much vinegar? and how many  tablespoons of dye would you recommend?
My daughter whom I share the gym gear, really wants an army green colour- what colour dye would you recommend if we were to dye one or all three of these fluro pink pieces in army green?
I appreciate your patience and time in advance
Regards
Vicky
Quote 0 0