vlc vlc
Dyeing ostrish feathers nd wouldlike to know how to make the royal blue darker !!! Im stressed Victoria
can anyone help me dying tulle
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Sometimes there is just no darker that a fiber can get because there are not more sites to attach the dye.  That is really common with Organza and tulle because they are so thin and can only absorb so much dye.  I suspect something similar might be happening with the ostrich feather.  

Hotter water, more dye and longer dye time is the way to get things darker.  The other thing you should consider is pre-treatment with alum like you would do with Cochineal, and adding a cup of salt when you add the acid.  

An out of the box method for getting a dye job darker would be to coat it in color magnet.  It is a dye attractant that absorbs dye preferentially and might be able to get your fiber darker.  

https://www.jacquardproducts.com/color-magnet
Quote 0 0
vlc vlc
Thank you... the thing is that i have dyed these feathers before and they have dyed beautifully. They have the right shade but not dark enough thats wiith the blue and with the red they stay pinish not red red
can anyone help me dying tulle
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Are you using salt at all?  You can often drive the dye onto the fiber with salt.  It makes it less soluble in water ,s o it drives it onto the surface.  Did you try jmore dye just to get the same shade?
Quote 0 0