Wiyana
Greetings Everyone!
I'm new here and am looking for advice on which is the best, non-fading ink or paint I can use when hand-dyeing or printing on cotton fabric? I hope to start doing this in Zimbabwe and am in need of quality products and advice please! Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks for your attention and kind regards, Wiyana.
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
So the majority of dyes are going to fade in the sun or wash.  Dyes in general are just that way.  They are so bright and beautiful because they are so delicate.  The exception are the Solar Fast dyes.  These are good for stamping, printing, and hand dyeing.  They are developed in 15 min in the sun.  

https://www.jacquardproducts.com/solarfast

Dye na flow is a really good alternative to dye.  It gives you bright colors in an archival fabric paint.  It leaves the fabric feeling really soft and not stiff or crusty like some paints.  It needs painted, allowed to dry, and ironed.  Then it is permanent.  It is a very thin fluid acrylic, so it is very similar to watercolor on fabric.

Textile colors are a normal heavy body acrylic for fabric, but it also feels really soft on fabric. It's soft hand is what is its best feature. It can be used for block and linoleum printing.    

Versatex screen ink is the super heavy body creamy version of the textile color.  It is very soft and nice on fabric but is thick enough to be screen printed.  
Quote 0 0
Wiyana
Hi Jaquardmod

Thanks so much for the wealth of information given! I really appreciate your help!

Kind regards
Wiyana
Quote 0 0
Wiyana
Hello again!

Please let me know where I can buy large quantities of Dye Na Flow?
Thank-you!

Kind regards
Wiyana
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
There are a couple of places, but the best right now is dharmatrading.com   They are one of the few places that has the larger sizes
Quote 0 0
Wiyana
Hello again!

Thanks very much for the information given! I had a look at the website and although they have the quantities I am looking for, they are unable to ship to England at the moment. Do you know of another place I can order closer to home please? Thanks again for your help!

Kind regards
Wiyana
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Right. We have a couple of UK distributors.  I don't know if they sell the larger size.  let me check.  
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Cool turns out Art Van Go does have it 

https://www.vycombe-arts.co.uk/onlineshop/prod_3677676-Jacquard-DyeNaFlow-236ml.html

You can buy direct from their website and I am sure the shipping will be better than from California!
Quote 0 0