Monty
  Using Pearl Ex pigment powders, I am trying to get a perfect shade of red, such as I might describe as "cherry red," or "strawberry red," or "candy apple red," or even "fire engine red."
  The Red Russet (#653) is too brown.  The Magenta (#632) is too pink.
  I have mixed 1:1 Magenta and Bright (or Brilliant) Yellow (#683), but it comes out a little too orange.
  The closest I have come is mixing 2:1 Magenta and Pumpkin Orange (#641), but it's still not right.
  The shade I am trying to get is the same as the red in the American, French or Texas flags.  It's simply primary Red.
  Is there a way to get that shade using the Pearl Ex pigments?
  Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
There is not a way to get this shade as far as I know.  I have worked on this on and off for years.  It's the holy grail of mica pigments.  If only we could get it we would make a ton of money. 

It's well known this doesn't exist as a pure color. Metallic red cars you see are actual pearl whites with red candy coats on top.  That might be the way to go if it works for your application.

I have no idea why this is so hard to make, but everyone is trying to. If we ever get a good mix, or a pure color somehow, we will for sure offer it ASAP.  
Quote 0 0
Monty
Thank you for your prompt & informative reply. For what I make, I prefer Pearl Ex pigments, but if this red can’t be had, I might be forced to use acrylic paint. Anyway, thanks for your answer.
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Using a transparent red with pearl white actually works really well.  Our metallic red airbrush paint works this way.  
Quote 0 0