jjackgist jjackgist
HI there,
I have a pair of white jeans that are 98% Cotton and 2% Spandex.
I am planning to dye them using the idye Naturals "Ecru" (looks like khaki to me) color.
Do I need to mix up some idye poly colors to add to the dye bath in order for the stitching to take on this color as well?
Any thoughts or suggestions for a recipe to match the ecru color using idye poly?
What would you all do if you wanted khaki jeans from white jeans with this fabric content?
Thank you!
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Just use the brown at 1/20 the concentration and you should be fine.  The stitches will be close enough that it won't matter i think. 
Quote 1 0
jjackgist jjackgist
After a bit of color mixing with the idye naturals, the jeans are a lovely medium brown shade. The stitches, however, turned out light green (I added the poly brown like you suggested here). What do you suggest I do now to get the stitches closer to brown?
Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
The brown is a little yellowish/green.  That is really annoying.  You need another color.  This is not impossible at all.  How much of the poly did you end up using?  1/20?   Red is the complementary color.  Red + green = brown.  So a small amount of the red will dull that green to brown.  Basically the same small amount.  
Quote 0 0
jjackgist jjackgist
Thank you. I'll give that a go and let you know how it turns out.
Quote 0 0