Cynthia
Hi, and thanks for all your good advice! I want to over dye bunch of clothing in Cold water with procion mx. I’m hoping to get a bright gold green shade, quite intense. My local craft store,  Artist And Craftsman Supply and Berkeley, just re-opened but they have almost no stock. Do you have a suggestion about possibilities of mixing the only two colors I could get, bright green and fire engine red to make the shade I’m looking for? I included one picture with a few things that have this color, I could send more if you want a better idea. Not trying to match anything perfectly, just get in the same range . Thanks!!ED64CC92-E5AE-48F5-87A4-99F814E6E05D.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
There is huge procion shortage everywhere.  Demand is up 200% or more.  We didn't expect this crushing demand, and we are literally can't get it out the door fast enough.  Just a matter of people being stuck at home and needing projects.  

With these 2 dyes you should be able to estimate the final color approx by the color of the water, or by dipping a paper towel in while you mix.  

Bright green is going to overwhelmingly be the base for this.  You should start with 5% of the total green you are going to use with red.  Mix that, evaluate and add in 5% increments.  I doubt you get to 20% before you get what you want.  I think you will be good at 10 or so.  

Remember to get the darkest color you want from an immersion dye with procion use 3x the amount of salt as you used soda ash.  
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Measuring something that small can be hard sometimes.  You want 1/20 the amount of red as green to start.  The best way to do that is to say use a tablespoon of green, then a teaspoon is 1/3 of a tablespoon so, you have 30% the amount there.  So you need 1/6 of that.  1/6 of  teaspoon isn't easy, so why not use 1/2 a teaspoon and get 15%.  Then you can dissolve that half a teaspoon in some water and add 1/3 of that to your green dye and you have added 5%.  Add another third to get 10% and another to get 15%.   

Does this make sense or did I go off the rails here?  I can never tell if people are following me on fractions and percents.  
Quote 0 0
Cynthia
Thanks so very much!!! You guys are the greatest!
Quote 0 0