Matanbb5
Hello, I've been trying to dye a all white air force 1 shoes and the bottom part of the shoe (the rubber sole) turned from White into a sort of ink blue ( like the ink of a pen) i used the gunmetal idyepoly , what should i do to get the color i want on the rubber sole?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
How hot are you getting it?  It will take the color, but not super dark as you can see.  The hotter you get the better, the dye intensifier helps soften the rubber as well to allow more dye, so that helps.  

It is also possible to dissolve the dye in acetone and paint it on surfaces.  It might be difficult to get it even this way though, so I would test that on an old test pair first before you do it on the ones that matter.  
Quote 0 0
Matanbb5
Hello, i tried it with different temperatures of water , this time i tried it with the water really hot still didnt work,this pics is after 2 -3 hours of dye bath , i used crimson idye poly . Do you have any way to help me with this problem?

[IMG_2488]

[IMG_2489]

Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
In another thread I was just talking about how some surface just don't take up enough dye.  I think that is what we are looking at here.  How can you get rubber to take up more water.  It sounds pretty difficult.  

When you saw that someone did yellow it was still light. When you did crimson you got a pink.  Hotter, longer, and more dye is the way to get things darker, but if the surface doesn't hold any more, you might be looking at max color right now.

Min temp for good color on this should be boiling hot.  
Quote 0 0