detobias detobias
Is there any value of adding salt or soda ash to idye poly bath for poly?  Thanks. 
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Does not help.  Soda ash hurts actually.  You use a base to remove color from poly.  Soda ash isn't really strong enough, but you can lighten a color by a single shade with soda ash.  

The thing to experiment with is carriers.  Carriers are like the iDye poly intensifier.  They brighten the color.  Is ours the very best one for polyester.  Absolutely not.  It is the safest and least stinky of the ones i have tried.  I found an old chart that had our dyes done with different carriers.  I Found one that was really awesome.  I said, "Why don't we use this?"  Well the SDS has a prop 65 warning that it causes cancer and the smell was like moth balls on steroids.  We have tried to balance effectiveness with safety/smell.  So, I know dharma and prochem have their own carriers. I think those are similar to our own.  I am sure there are several more out there.  Be careful.  
Quote 0 0
detobias detobias
Aljo has one NOC that has no smell. I find I only use a dropper with 1-3 drops of your intensifier in my dyeing. I have many of your packets of intensifier not opened. Want them back?!
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Don't need them.  How does the Aljo one work?  Notice anything?
Quote 0 0