tigerformula tigerformula
I am very new to screen printing, and I am getting supplies. What type of ink is best for using on 100% cotton tshirts. I have seen acrylic and water-based ones, and I definitely won't use plastisol inks because of the completcated process and high heat involved. Also, what type of transperencies should do I use? Just ones used for classroom overheads? Lastly, can photo emulsion be removed from a screen if I screw up burning it.
The list of stuff I will need:
110 Screen
Ink
Halogen Lamp
Transperencies
Photo emulsion
Squeegee
Glass
Scoop Coater

anything else anyone can think of?
Quote 0 0
do i also need the special rack for which to lay the tshirt flat?
Quote 0 0
[Deleted User] [Deleted User]
Hey there,

You might just want to make your life very easy and consider purchasing the [url="http://www.jacquardproducts.com/products/kits/jacquardscreenkit/"]Jacquard Screen Ink Kit[/url]. Everything but the light source comes with (including a GREAT set of instructions) and it works great for fabric as well as many other surfaces.
As for removing the photo emulsion - it can be removed and you'll find full instructions with the kit.

anet
Quote 0 0
thing is i can buy the stuff cheaper online seperatly
Quote 0 0
what type of emusion should i use?
Quote 0 0
markink markink
If you are going to use water based inks make sure you use water based emulsion. If you need help getting this type of emulsion let me know. I can help with either solvent or water resistant direct apply emulsion's.
Quote 0 0