Hovawart Hovawart
I decorated a mug with Pinata colors and let it sit for 48 hours, but the colors all washed off the first time I washed the mug by hand. Is there a way to make the Pinata colors permanent on ceramic or glass?
Quote 0 0
Celia Buchanan Celia Buchanan
Hi,
Did all of the color wash off or just in certain areas. Was the mug clean of grease before you started painted. You could put a clear acrylic coating such as Krylon over the top. Please be sure to use something that is not toxic.
Celia
Quote 0 0
yanoshek yanoshek
[font=Arial][color=blue]I have a similar question to Sophie. I just used Pebeo glass paint to paint 15 wine glasses. Now I need to add text. I tried using Pinata on a stamp pad and stamped the text on with an acrylic stamp I designed. They turned out beautiful. Now after Sophie's post, I'm afraid the text will come off the first time they are washed. I don't really want to use a clear coat of acrylic over the top. It would take away from the design. Is there anyway to set the color? What if I mixed it with Pebeo medium and baked them as I did with the designs? The glass was cleaned with rubbing alcohol before I stamped them.[/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#0000ff]Barb[/color][/font]
Quote 0 0
Celia Buchanan Celia Buchanan
Hi,

Piñata Colors have an alcohol base which makes them indelible and [U][B]moisture[/U] [/B] resistant when dry and allows you to use them on almost any surface as long as it's clean and oil free. However, I am not sure they will stand up to being scrubbed or put in the dishwasher.

The only thing I can suggest is to do a test.

As far as use with Pebeo again mix them and try them out. Our paints are alcohol based unfortunately I am not sure what is in the Pebeo colors. Therefore can't give you any definitive advice as to whether they'll work or not...Sorry!

Celia
Quote 0 0