detobias detobias
1. could using a microwave to dye poly velvet help with the color fastness?
2. could dry powder be sprinkled on the velvet and micro’d with no or little water to get intense multi color?
3. or painting with dye in sod alginate paste then micro?

hope to hear from you!  Is there a way when our questions are answered we get an email?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
This is possible maybe.  I haven't done this.  I think you would maybe want to get a 2nd hand microwave dedicated to this.  When heated the poly dyes turn to gas, so especially if you were microwaving with a small amount of dye, I could see it dyeing the inside of the microwave, and I don't think that is food safe.  This should be considered experimental.  Be careful.  
Quote 0 0
jacquardproducts
Hello detobias:
In response to your question about receiving an email notification when your questions are answered on the Forum:
If you are following a specific category or topic in the Forum, you should automatically receive an email notification to alert you whenever a user posts to that category or topic. If you are not receiving email notifications, please log into your account and review your account settings to ensure you are set up to follow the category or topic you wish to receive notifications for. If your settings are correct and you're not seeing notifications, check your email spam folder, they might be hiding there. Feel free to reach out directly with any other forum technical questions! 🙂 Tanya
Quote 0 0