Madebypenguins Madebypenguins
Hello,

I’m looking for a dye that will create a neon colour/ glow in the dark (and day light) for yarns - either cotton or wool fibre. Needs to be glow in the dark not just very bright.

Is this something jacquard do?

Thanks for the help in advance xx
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
There is no glow in the dark dye, but there is fluorescent dye. Glow in the dark is a pigment and therefore must be painted on. You can get glow in the dark polyester threads. I dunno if they make it for yarn.

As far as Neon goes though there is fluorescent dye. #620 Hot Fuchsia Acid dye is fluorescent and will look super bright in the sun and glow under black light.

#828 Chartreuse is also fluorescent.

We have a fluoro yellow as well in Idye. It is not an acid dye, but it will work on wool. It is #405 Fluorescent Yellow.

You can sort of mix other fluoro colors from these, but Orange can be difficult as the red soaks up all the fluorescent color from the yellow.
Quote 0 0
Madebypenguins Madebypenguins
Fantastic thank you so much for your help!

I will certainly look into the idye not something I’ve used before but will be fun to try! I appreciate the heads up on the orange.

I have both hot fuscia and chartreuse so will have a play around with those to see what happens.

Thank you again for your help
Quote 0 0