bdbear10 bdbear10
I have some bottles of Pinata that have been sitting in my apt. for a year or more, unused, and I just recently pulled them out and tried to mix some into liquid clay. Most of the colors I have mixed well, but two or three (blue, purple) left specks in the liquid clay. I don't know if there's a way to dissolve those specks or if I need to replace my Pinata inks. They used to blend in really well, but when I used the tinted liquid clay, those specks showed up and I didn't like the way they looked on my project.
Quote 0 0
Cessna Cessna
I have had the same problem with a variety of colors, but mainly those you mention. I think it's a pigment issue because the same thing happened with a new bottle of color.
Quote 0 0
Asher Asher
Cessna,
Are you having this issue when combining Pinata and clay as well? This is not an issue we are familiar with. Pinata is formulated with alcohol, resin and dye; there are no pigments in the colors. Thus it cannot be a "pigment issue." Perhaps some of the ink has dried in the tip of your bottles, and those are the clumps you are seeing? Or perhaps it is a compatibility issue? What kind of clay were you using, bdbear10? Polymer clay?
I would like to get to the bottom of this! Please let me know!
Thanks,
Asher
Quote 0 0