lama_baguette
I do more street art and graffiti, i got the you can because i want to do my own paint mixes and im just getting started with that. ive only tried acrylic for now, does anyone have a good mix that works well for painting murals etc.?
for acrylic at first i did : 2 parts paint - 1 part rubbing alcohol/water mix.
 it didnt work well i couldnt paint on smoother surfaces. so i added a bit of glycerine and it worked a LOT better but still very runny.
 Does anyone have a way to make acrylic less runny but without thickening it too much ?

use this topic to post your try outs and tips
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Yeah, so what you are describing is an anti-sag agent.   Sagging is when the paint doesn't stick where you put it and it drips or just moves down.

This is one of the challenges of this product.  Yes it will spray thin water-based paints, but those things tend to sag and drip.  

Really what you want is one of these clay based anti-sag additives.  It is like fine particles that the paint can cling to, and it doesn't thicken unless you add too much.  I am planning on selling this as an additive, but I am not sure when that will happen.  This is widely used in airbrush and other water based paints that people spray.  I am not sure where to get it right now, but keep your eye out for these.  
Quote 1 0
lama_baguette
thanks a lot for the reply, do you recon chalk or flour could work?
loving the You Can btw
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
The flour is going to clog it up.  I think you would have more luck with chalk.  It should provide some anti-sag for sure.  I am thinking don't go over 2%

What are you using the can for the most?  You are painting with it?  
Quote 0 0
lama_baguette
ive had it for less than a week so im still sorting it out, but ill be using it for canvases definitely and hopefully when ill get the paints mixing down, some mural work.
Quote 0 0