Carli Carli
Hi. I've seen some beautiful pictures of things that have been made with Pinata and Polymer Clay, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to use the inks to do things like that. I have never used inks before, and I guess I need a basic tutorial on how to use inks with clay because I am extremely frustrated. For example, I have a bead book that has instructions for making beads with Pinata, and it just says "Apply Pinata ink", no info on how to do this. If I squirt it on, it gets all over everything, not to mention wasting a lot of ink. If I put it in a palette and try to use it like paint, it dries out immediately. If I add liquid translucent clay, the colors get muted. Please advise! Thanks!
Quote 0 0
Noelle Noelle
Hi Carli,

There are a couple of things you can try. Claro Extender will mix with the colors and extend the drying time slightly. Mix small amounts on a plastic palette and apply with a paint brush. Also, try just squeezing a bit out of the bottle and catching the color onto a brush to paint with. Check out the projects in the Pinata section of the website, they should help with various application methods.

Keep trying! You will create something beautiful!

Noelle
Quote 0 0