hoji
Hi
I have some bright white dresses that I want to dye pretty much any colour just to take it down from the gleaming white that it is now. I've looked through the various product descriptions and instructions, but the washing tag on these says to use <30C water, which is just slightly warm.

What type of jacquard dye should I use?

I'm not after an intense colour, but I also don't want the result to look like a "dirty" dress.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Poly takes up the majority of this fiber, so you should use Idye poly.  That mean you would have to boil that dress.  I realize that is going over the recommended temp, but that is the only way you can color it unless you want to just dye the cotton portion.  It will look heathered where there will be white threads of poly between the dyed cotton threads.  What do you think?
Quote 0 0
hoji
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I have eight of these so I can afford to ruin one if that is what the high temperature might do. I wish they sold these dresses in colours other than white but they don't. Anyway, it gives me a reason to try out some of the fabulous Jacquard products 🙂

Is it usual for the washing temp to be so low with poly? I know it is a plastic, but not sure if "polyester" means only one specific chemical or a family of chemicals... 
Quote 0 0
hoji
hi again

Can I buy the dye online? Is there a Jacquard store?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
dharmatrading.com is  good place to get our dyes.  We don't sell directly to the public so as not to compete with our own customers.  

That wash rating is very low for such a high poly content.  I think it will be fine provided there isn't a lot of pleating or structural design in the dress.  If it is elaborately structured I suppose the heat could be a problem.  
Quote 0 0