workshoppe
I love your products but am only able to use your alcohol inks and your pearlex powdered pigments.  The urethane  I use does not allow for any products that contain or are based with water. My business depends on having better product than my competitors as well as better color selection. I have been very creative with these limitations. is there any way to have custom colors or products made? Do you make any other products that are rich and vibrant, soft and pearly or sparkly or matte that will be dynamic and are not water based?
Quote 0 0
Frogzone
You could Try using acid dyes, use alcohol to dissolve them... would this work, or can you not use alcohol?
Quote 1 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Acid dyes don't dissolve in alcohol, but that did remind me that we do have 2 dyes that do dissolve in solvents.

Idye poly dissolves in acetone.  You will see some salt at the bottom that does not dissolve, so you should pour the colored acetone off the top of the solids.  It can mixed in then.

We also have basic dyes.  They are super beautiful and do dissolve in alcohol much like the alcohol inks.  they are much more soluble in ethanol than isopropyl as well.  You can usually get that as denatured alcohol.

Basic dyes are not as lighfast as the other dyes so you know.  They are super beautiful though and are some of teh brightest dyes that exist.  
Quote 1 0
workshoppe
Thank you! One issue I can foresee with the ldye Poly is that acetone can be used to break down the resin I use, and since I cast in High PSI pressure pots the size of the inclusions is very important and will affect the final look as the heavier will push to the bottom and once cut will not have the desired look. I will give the basic dyes a try. I am hoping to find out how or if its possible  to have some custom colors created or even for some wholesale info. I know a lot of my competitors use a powder that to me is the same stuff as your Pearlex but with just a slight tweak to the color here and there and different labeling. But they handle just like yours. I would the opportunity to have some made for use  or to sell through Workshoppe.
Quote 0 0