cavy82 cavy82
Hi-! Here is my idea. What do you recommend?

I will be dyeing a white pair of jeans with fiber reactive dyes- lets say a bright red color. So far i know what im doing. After this step, i want my bright red dye to shine a little all over. I was thinking of printing a metallic effect over the jeans and i want the jeans to look sparkly red. What should i be using? I know how to dye but dont know what paints/micas etc to use. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
You want it evenly over the entire pair? I would do 1 of 2 things. I would get some #100 textile extender which is a clear paint with no color that is very soft, so it won't affect the texture of the jeans. I would water it down very slightly like maybe 10%-20% with water. Add pearl ex to it. For red you prob want brilliant gold #656, Aztec gold #658 which is a litter deeper redder gold, or if you want something as sparkly as you can get it you can use sparkle gold #657. Now 10% will give you a totally opaque color. You don't want that, you want more transparency and individual sparkles letting the red show through. I think 1 or 2% will do it. So that is not much at all. You need 1/5 to 1/10 of a teaspoon of powder for a 2.25 oz jar of the extender. You can add a little more if you need more coverage.

Mix it in with the #100 textile extender you diluted slightly and paint it on evenly with a sponge brush. You want to use long even strokes and not go over the same area more than you need to to get the pigment evenly placed. It should look great. Gold and reds are dynamite together.
Quote 0 0