ART&MONEY
i am using the removable water based resist, but ALSO wanted to use color resists. I found the Jacquard permanent resist in several colors-  FOR THAT i use an iron to heat set it, right? Is it ok to use both the permanent color resist as well as the remove able water based resist on the same piece? Additionally, I am drawing koi on silk- the koi are outlined in the black water based resist. So for the spots on the koi, I wanted them to be crisp without using clear resist, so I was going to use “No Flow” on the insides of the fish outlines to paint the spots, and paint them using Jaquard green label. Will there be any problem with ironing the black resist outlines if the iron will also heat up the areas I used “No Flow” or the clear removable resist? I am setting the colors with steam. Thank you
Quote 1 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
This plan sounds fine to me.  Make sure the permanent resist is totally dry before you heat set.  Also, the removable water based resist can discolor when heated too high.  Use the silk setting and avoid a higher cotton setting(fine for the silk, but may discolor the water based resist).  Ironing No-Flow is No-Problem
Quote 1 0
pollyfurr
Considering using Removable Water-Based Resist for the first time - the product information page just mentions silk.  Is there any reason this would not work as a resist on cotton or other natural fibers?  Thank you.
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
It works great on cotton.  Sometimes the resist is a little thick for a heavy cotton.  This can be fixed by just thinning with water so it will sink in better.  
Quote 0 0