cavy82 cavy82
Hi there! I want to screen print some textiles with your lumiere paints. Could you tell me the different screen mesh sizes i should use by color of lumiere paints?

I remember a discussion here and was told that the particle sizes vary so one mesh size will not work for all lumiere colors.

Thanks a ton!
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
I would not go smaller than 150 mesh, and don't use super sparkle.  

It is going to want to dry in the screen very fast.  You will need screen life.  Screen life keeps the paint open longer and keeps it from drying in your screen

https://www.jacquardproducts.com/screen-life
Quote 0 0
cavy82 cavy82
Thanks. How does the Lumiere metallic line compare with Golden Acrylics' FLUID acrylic metallic paints (with their GAC900 textile medium) Any observations? Is it more pigment in Golden vs yours? Lumiere costs way less.
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
All metallic acrylics are made with Mica pigments, and we are well known for our great pigments.  We are an industry leader.  All Lumiere paints are highly pigmented and opaque.  So the I don't think the quality or quantity of pigment is less than Golden, it might be more. Of course our fabirc binder is already in the Lumiere paints, and they are the best most durable fabric binders there are, I have seen clothing painted with them hold up to more than a decade of washing.  Also, Lumiere has a catalyst in it that if you leave it for 3 days it will self-cure, meaning no heat set required.  

I would put Lumiere up against any other brand of metallics including Golden.  There may be differences in the texture of the paint, but for durability, lightfastness and pure beauty, I don't think anyone does it better than us.  Adding the fabric medium to the golden dilutes the pigment, ours you can use full strength.  

In reality, we have taken a small margin on these paints, when we could have charged more because we wanted to keep our loyal crafting customers.  I think we sell our paints at a medium level price even though they are premium quality.  No knock on Golden, they are a great company and make a super fine product.  They have just placed themselves as the "Apple" level product in the market and they set their prices with that in mind.  I really believe our metallics are just as good and probably better on fabric.  
Quote 0 0
cavy82 cavy82
Ok. Thank you.
Quote 0 0