Stella Hami

I am a beginner and practising the silk painting by using Jacquard Silver Gutta for the outline on chiffon. After finished the steaming,  I did not notice on the gutta, I let the scarf settled for 2 days then washed the scarf with shampoo, when I washed it the gutta came out and sticked to the bottom of the washing basin.

After washing and drying, I ironed it, the gutta came out and sticked to the based fabric which I put under the scarf when ironing, I tried to iron it as much as possible with a hope that the gutta might come out but it did not work and still sticky and cling to my fingers when I pressed the line.

I don’t know if I applied the gutta quite much or because the chiffon is to thin to use with metallic gutta. I would like to have your advice on how to get rid of this issue and is there any mistake with my process?

Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
HI,

You can clean up the gutta with the gutta solvent.  As far as the stickiness, I have only heard this when the gutta is steamed for excessive times.  Did you steam more than 2 hrs?
Quote 0 0
Stella Hami
Thank you for your response. Yes, I steamed the scarf in 3 hours which Iearned from some guidance on youtube. So, how long should it be for an ideal steaming to ensure that the gutta will not be melt and sticked? And if I use the gutta solven to clean up the gutta after steaming, is there any issue with the color of the scarf? Please help to advise.

Thank You & Warm Regards,
Stella
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Shouldn't hurt the color.  But an hour of steaming is fine unless you are really wound up with lots of layers.  If you have a lot of layers add more time, but anything over 2 is overkill.  It will make your gutta sticky and it will discolor waterbased resists like our Water based resist and resistad.   
Quote 2 0