Mrm2204
im new to this forum so please be nice 😀. I’m keen to dye the Upper of a out of all white sneakers which I’m guessing is a mixture of nylon/polyester/cotton. I don’t want any of the rubber sole or the plastic on the shoe to take up the dye. What product should I be using. 
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
The rubber is never going to dye, so no issue there.  Keeping the plastic white while dyeing the polyester is probably not possible.  I am guessing there may not be much poly though.  Mostly these are nylon.  Is it a mesh of some kind?  What actual shoe is it?  Can you post a picture?

Idye poly is the only way to color the polyester.  If we can establish that there isn't any polyester then we can use a single dye.  IF there is polyester you are going to need a mixture if you want to dye the cotton portion.  So let's dig in and figure out what the shoe is made of.  Unfortunately we need to know this to make a good recommendation.  
Quote 0 0
Mrm2204
Thanks for the reply, it is a Nike  air presto picture below. Unfortunately there’s no info inside the shoe 3D15C24E-EC1E-4C73-8DF2-D6AED700AC1A.jpeg  on materials 
Quote 0 0
Mrm2204
Any one give a bit lore help now the photo is provided?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Ok, which parts do you want to dye, and which parts do you not want to dye?  I think that mesh part is all nylon.  I bet you could dye that along with the tongue with Acid dye.  It would not dye the plastic parts like the portion holding the laces.

Now, there are few guarantees here since we do not know the exact materials.  If you dyed this and it turned out differently than we think, could you live with that?
Quote 0 0