Slamscape

I bought a full color range pack 3 months ago to use with my resin. 

but now the inks are leaving specks in my resin that won’t dissolve. 

And it’s a tarting to cost me quite a bit of resin. 🙁 

it doesn’t matter how well or long I shake them. It is still present. 

And some of the colors actually clog up in the head of the dropper from it.... 

Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
You didn't add any alcohol to them?  Our inks are in ethanol, so if you add isopropyl it can cause the dye to come out of solution.  You might need to add some ethanol or extender to get that dye to re-dissolve.  

That is odd though. They are usually very stable, but they are very concentrated.  I have only seen this from very old inks or inks that got too cold.  Heating could get the dye back in solution, but you would have to be very careful and do it in a double boiler type hot bath.  
Quote 0 0
Slamscape

I only added the alcohol to it AFTER they became clogged up. As an attempt to flush it out.   Guess that one was a mistake. :\

do you think letting them sit in regular hot water would help out?
$80 is quite a bit to replace them all when I’ve only gotten like 4 light uses out of them. 🙁

also... I I right to assume now that the ones I cleaned with isopropyl alcohol are not just gone and need to be replaced? :/

Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
For anyone else doing this, you should really add ethanol if this happens and not isopropyl alcohol.  The isopropyl is going to make the situation worse because it will reduce the solubility of the dyes.  I am guessing these got too cold somehow.  

Slamscape can you please contact me at  techsupport@jacquardproducts.com    We are going to have to dig into this more, and I am not sure it will be helpful to do it here on the forum.  
Quote 0 0