Teki
I keep stripping the black rings but not really it's more like the threads on the can are stipping and sticking to the rings... Is it I'm doing something wrong? Seems to happen when I run Rust-Oleum and thinner
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Hi Teki,

It sounds like a solvent in the rustoleum is liquefying the ring? Can you tell me exactly what you are doing, so I can repeat it in the lab?  If you would rather do it over email we can have a conversation by emailing techsupport@jacquardproducts.com

Which thinner are you using?  I wonder if you could use another one...
Quote 0 0
Teki
I emailed u a few days ago but still no response... I don't think I want to play with Rust-Oleum and thinners anymore i bought two of ur youcans and both did it trying to use Rust-Oleum I think if I buy another one i will only use water and acrilic paint
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Yes it seems paint thinner is too strong.  I just tried it this weekend, and you are right it weakens the rings at the top of the can.  That is one part that we don't get manufactured, the threaded can is off the shelf and it is not paint thinner resistant.  
Quote 0 0
Teki
Would I be able to buy just the can myself?
Quote 0 0
Teki
It seems like u replacing the faulty cans like u said is not gonna happen but can u at least tell me where I can purchase just the cans?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
I'm really sorry these are sitting on my desk for you.  We don't have a good way to just order the cans at the moment.  Your experience was good intelligence for me and I want to pay you back with 2 new cans.  i will ship these out today.  
Quote 0 0