stablemate stablemate Show full post »
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
The dye intensifier is the only thing that helps the color. Personally, the red seems a little too brick for me. It is very tough to get a real tomato red.
Quote 0 0
detobias detobias
any way to minimize or remove the smell?
Quote 0 0
detobias detobias
I will be driving through Healdsburg on 7/13. Any possibility of meeting with you and showing you what I am talking about. This has been a multi year experiment with velvet and now taffeta and I appreciate your expertise!
Quote 0 0
jjackgist jjackgist
I just used idye "true red" on some 100% cotton shirts, following washing machine instructions carefully. All items came out a bright, deep orange. So bummed. Now what? Do I need to remove the orange color to re-dye, or is there a way to move the orange to be more red?
Thank you.
Quote 0 0
jjackgist jjackgist
Hoping for some guidance from the pros here. While shirts were still wet last night, I put them through a full wash cycle with hot water and tide. Resulting color is salmon. It's a lovely color, but not what I was going for. Have hung to dry and am waiting to hear how to move toward something more like cherry red. Thank you.
Quote 0 0
detobias detobias
You are using idye not idye poly right? I have had trouble with the idye poly red....see above for my tries for 'tomato red'. I have found that a good Santa or cherry red with idye poly is when I use alot of red and a small amt of black.
Quote 0 0
jjackgist jjackgist
Thank you. Yes, idye for natural fabrics "true red" that turned out salmon. Just back from art store. I'm getting ready to try to move the color by adding some procion mx in fuschia. Stay tuned.
Quote 0 0
jjackgist jjackgist
I may need to add a pinch of black in if comes out too light... thanks for sharing your experience with making red.
Quote 0 0