Maimutica
Hi, what product may I use to tie die a pva shammy? (A shammy is a little towel used by divers, than need to resist to every day chlorine and water. The material is PVA). Thank you very much
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
We have 2 different dyes that work great on Acetate.  (PVA is polyvinyl acetate) The first is our Idye poly which requires a boil, so I don't know if that is a deal breaker with the shammy.It will give you great color though.  

The original dye for acetate is Basic dyes.  These are super cool colors and super bright brighter than the Polyester dyes.  These are also super cheap and work at a lower temp than the polyester dyes. They can be done in really hot water from the tap.  Steaming if possible.  You do add a little white vinegar to these to set them.  These are really powerful colors, so you don't need much.  These are not as widely available.  You can get them at dharmatrading.com or in Artist and Craftsman stores.  Some independent art stores like Preston Arts Center in Louisville have these, and Hull's in new haven Connecticut
Quote 0 0
Maimutica
Thank you very much, i’ll try to find Basic dyes than! 
Quote 0 0