eightyone
Hi,
Could you please advise if the actual pigment particle used in this colour is transparent. PBk7 is not normally transparent.

Many thanks
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Which color are you referring to?  We don't use carbon black in most of our black colors
Quote 0 0
eightyone
Transparent black JAB2106 airbrush colour. CI number says Pbk7. Which is not normally transparent although I have come across one variant that is.
Quote 0 0
eightyone
Merry xmas Jacquard. Just prompting a response to the above question.
Is the pigment particle in trans black transparent or is it just reduced strength so appears transparent?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
So,

I did find out that they are both carbon black and while there is a larger particle size for the transparent, it is also at a reduced concentration.  It is a nice transparent black though.  I use it myself.  
Quote 0 0
eightyone
Hey thanks for the answer.
Coincidentally I've just finished using some. You're right - it is a nice product.
Cheers
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Post your work if you want to share it with us.  I used the airbrush paints before I worked for Jacquard.  I just think the opaques cover better than other brands, and they have a lot of versatility of the paints on both fabric and other surfaces are great.  They are really tough which is why people use them on leather.  
Quote 0 0