Frogzone Show full post »
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Synthrapol in the dye bath won't do much.  It still helps during the rinsing stage.  
Quote 0 0
detobias detobias
I’ve dyed twice in the pressure cooker and pleased with results. Need to decrease or eliminate the white but think I have a plan. Cooked for 20min. Red bled less but not as dark so test will he when I do darker. The very mottled look of the brown is a pleasant surprise and think it is bc my solution had two colors?  Stay tuned! BB458475-EEB8-4583-BC1D-D4C220B956E7.jpeg  7D30D10B-83E7-47C0-A0C4-E3E1C7FCB863.jpeg 
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Wow that red is so much brighter and more beautiful.  That is great.  I knew it was just not attaching well because it was not hot enough.  What a great red.  

Those white areas are not getting exposed to the dye I think.  The brown is looking good.  What formula are you using there?  You toned it with Violet?
Quote 0 0
detobias detobias
No the brown is orange and black. Here are some later ones. I am now cooking for 15 min and seems fine. Haven’t done any more pure reds but will and see if there is less bleeding. Am thinking yes. Would love to get a electric rectangular large pressure cooker to be able to limit the white areas. 
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Wow these are really beautiful.  They look great.  That higher temp really add vividness to the colors.  I keep wondering how you can get those white area colored.  YOu really need a pressure cooker which has a internal stirring device or something?
Quote 0 0