MDLeather
Sorry new to this. If I wanted to use the Lumiere on leather With an airbrush to make it even, is there anything I need to do other than thin with a bit of water in order to use.  Secondly how do I set it?  A heat gun?  Iron?  What setting?  I have seen a number of places that say the top coating on the leather needs removed before applying anything like this.  Do I need to use something to do that and what would that be?  Lastly does it need sealed with anything after?  Sorry for so many questions!
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Remove water proofer by rubbing the leather with acetone(nail polish remover) until it doesn't feel slick with a paper towel.  Once you start feeling it rub on the leather you will know.  Now the leather is clean.  Now you can use the Lumiere.  Thinning with water will work.  It is going to dry pretty fast though.  If you have any reducer that would be good to slow the dry time and keep it from clogging.  

Heat gun is best to set the paint.  Be careful go slow (its really hard to be patient) and don't burn it!  Sealing is always a good idea.  Our pearl ex or airbrush varnish work great for this.  I don't know if we have the right color in airbrush for you.  But think about the airbrush paint.  It is great for shoes, is a similar paint and is great for leather.  People use it for shoes all the time.  It's read y to spray, you get 4 oz instead of 2.25 for the same price and it won't dry in your gun.  

https://www.jacquardproducts.com/airbrush-color
Quote 0 0
MDLeather
What is the reducer?  Is there a product you sell that can help with dry time?  Yes some of the airbrush colors will probably be great.  I like the Lumiere because of the Metallics and pearls in all of the different colors. Would it be better to try the Airbrush extender and mix in the pearl ex mica powders?
Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Yes that can help.   YOu can make some nice colors with pearl ex and airbrush extender.  Using the aibrush extender with the lumiere would also be a good idea and get around the idea of a reducer(which we don't sell).  It would thin it and extend drying time.  
Quote 0 0
MDLeather

The pearl ex or varnish as a sealer will allow the leather to retain the same flexibility as well correct?  And you use a heat gun with this as well to set?

Using the airbrush extender with the Lumiere would be in place of the water thinning correct?  Just add the 25% for the airbrushing?

Quote 0 0