KathleenSherin
I am creating some large scale cyanotypes on fabric for an installation

I first purchased cyanotype " kits" and now have larger jars of chemicals 
The instructions are wildly varied for mixing.   Wondering which is most correct and why the varied instructions???

Kits ( I dumped and measured amounts)
A - Potassium Ferricyanide - 25 ml or just less than 2 Tablespoons. - to 8 oz water
B - Ferric ammonium Citrate  - 65 ml or just over 4 Table spoons (approx. 0.25 cup) to 8 oz water

On the one jar the directions read 
A - Potassium Ferricyanide Add 1.5 Tablespoons ( 40 gm ) to 1.7 cups ( 402 ml) water 
B  - Ferric ammonium Citrate Add .5 cups (100 gm) to 1.7 cups ( 402 ml) water 

On Jacquard site directions read
  1. Dissolve 40 g (approximately 2 tablespoons) Potassium Ferricyanide in 400 ml (1.7 cups) water to create STOCK SOLUTION A. 

2. Dissolve 100 g (approximately .5 cup) Ferric Ammonium Citrate in 400 ml (1.7 cups) water to create STOCK SOLUTION B. 

So which is correct???  

Thank you

Quote 0 0
Jacquardmod Jacquardmod
Notice the weights are the same.  This was an issue where the density was not considered and the person who made the label didn't weigh the 1.5 tablespoons.  (weighs less than 40g, it weighs 30 g) they converted the volume based on the density of water, which is not accurate at all.  This was a labeling mistake early on that we have since corrected.  The website directions are correct.  

Very sorry for the confusion.  I would be more worried about this if the "wrong" directions didn't work, but they do.  Luckily cyanoptype is pretty forgiving, but the best instructions are the website ones.  All the new sets and containers are correct, but you must have gotten an older one.  Material should still be fine though, no need to worry.  
Quote 0 0